2.2. Using and customizing PrusaSlicer
PrusaSlicer is Prusa’s highly modified fork of Slic3r, one of the early open source slicer offerings. Prusa has done extensive modification of PrusaSlicer, including a complete port from PERL to C++. At this point, there is little likelihood that PrusaSlicer and Slic3r can ever be merged back together. This rapid pace of development makes keeping documentation up to date a challenge. You are likely to find that screen details and features shown on these pages are changed in the latest versions of PrusaSlicer. In most cases, basic features should still function as described here.
PrusaSlicer is under ongoing and heavy development. These pages are “mostly correct” as of version 2.3.3. A number of significant features have been added or changes with the release of PrusaSlicer 2.4alpha.
These notes are based on my experiences with the Prusa i3 Mk3 and Artillery/Evnovo Sidewinder X1 printers. If you are using a different printer, please verify the hardware details are similar.
These notes are intended to fill the gap between Prusa’s documentation and the latest PrusaSlicer release.
- 2.2.1. Prusa online documentation
- 2.2.2. Using and customizing PrusaSlicer presets
- 2.2.3. Importing, and exporting PrusaSlicer preset files
- 2.2.4. System presets
- 2.2.5. Creating custom PrusaSlicer configuration bundles
- 2.2.6. Understanding inheritance in PrusaSlicer configuration bundles
- 2.2.7. Understanding dependencies in PrusaSlicer
- 2.2.8. Customizing printer settings
- 2.2.9. Customizing print job settings
- 2.2.10. Customizing filament settings
- 2.2.11. Sample PrusaSlicer presets
- 2.2.12. PrusaSlicer G-Code overview
- 2.2.13. Notes on the default system presets for the Prusa i3 Mk3 series
- 2.2.14. Customizing PrusaSlicer start G-Code for the Prusa i3 Mk3
- 188.8.131.52. Version control
- 184.108.40.206. Initialize movement and extrusion coordinates
- 220.127.116.11. Initialization
- 18.104.22.168. Initialize warmup temperatures
- 22.214.171.124. Initial homing
- 126.96.36.199. Bed presentation
- 188.8.131.52. PINDA warmup
- 184.108.40.206. Mesh bed leveling and final warmup
- 220.127.116.11. Final temperature settings
- 18.104.22.168. Prime line
- 22.214.171.124. Final print adjustments
- 126.96.36.199. Full startup g-code example
- 2.2.15. Customizing PrusaSlicer end G-Code for the Prusa i3 Mk3
- 2.2.16. Customizing other PrusaSlicer G-Code for the Prusa i3 Mk3
- 2.2.17. Preview mode for print troubleshooting
- 2.2.18. Using modifiers
- 2.2.19. Adjusting maximum volumetric speed with PrusaSlicer
- 2.2.20. Adjusting the extrusion multiplier with PrusaSlicer
- 2.2.21. Batch processing with PrusaSlicer scripts
- 2.2.22. Post-processing PrusaSlicer G-code
Contact and feedback
You can find me on the Prusa support forums or Reddit where I lurk in many of the 3D printing-related subreddits. I occasionally drop into the Official Prusa 3D discord server where I can be reached as bobstro (bobstro#9830). You can email me directly at email@example.com.
Last edited on Sep 28, 2021. Last build on Jan 14, 2022.